Our 50th Anniversary
Fifty years ago, the Winged Fellowship Trust – as Revitalise was originally known – consisted of just a small number of adapted rooms, that were open only for a few months each year, at a site called Grange Farm in Essex.
The demand for those rooms demonstrated the desperate need for quality respite accommodation across the entire country and 50 years on we now provide nearly 5000 breaks each year!
It was this need that spurred on, Joan Brander founder of the Winged Fellowship Trust to greater things. Her vision and tenacity has allowed Revitalise to grow into one of the largest providers of quality respite holidays for disabled people and carers in the UK
Our 50th birthday
In July 2013 Revitalise turned 50 years old. To celebrate this achievement, we planned an exciting year-long programme of events and activities: 2013 Revitalise turned 50 years old. To celebrate this achievement, we planned an exciting year-long programme of events and activities:
- A major celebration event for volunteers, guests and supporters
- A volunteer awards ceremony
- Weekly birthday parties in each center
- A memories 50th Anniversary commemorative book
- Celebrity visits to our centres
- A major fundraising campaign to open new Revitalise centres
- 50th anniversary merchandise
YOU are the story of Revitalise. Please help us by:
- Uploading your pictures and memories (you can also mail them to: Revitalise, Unit 212, Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, London, N1 0QH)
- Asking any former guests or volunteers who you know to get in touch
- Telling everyone you know about Revitalise and our 50th anniversary – in particular, do you know someone with a disability who needs a break?
- Following us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
50th Anniversary booklet
Revitalise – Sharing stories & gifts for 50 years
Here is a small selection of pages from our 50th anniversary book. This specially produced commemorative book is a celebration of our 50 years of existence and contains reminiscences, anecdotes and messages of support from Revitalise’s guests, volunteers, supporters and staff, past and present.
This 64 page hardback book is available to purchase from our centres and shops.