Help with funding

In order to ensure as many people as possible can enjoy our breaks we fundraise to subsidise all our prices.

Nevertheless, we understand that funding a break may be difficult. There are a number of ways of making a Revitalise break more affordable.

We hope the below information is useful, but if you have any questions you are very welcome to call us and discuss your needs on 0303 303 0145 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm).

The RS Fund

The RS Fund (Revitalise Support Fund) is a brand new source of funding, created for those who may require financial support towards a Revitalise break. We know that regular holidays for disabled people and their carers are absolutely essential, but we also know that affordability can be an issue. Whatever the circumstance, we may be able to help. Find out more here.


Local authority funding

We can advise you on possible funding sources from your local authority. Many local authorities fund a wide range of schemes to assist disabled people and carers. To find out what your Local Authority offers visit to find your local authority contact details then call them or look at their website. Most local authority websites have a ‘Health and Social Care’ section where you can find out what services are provided for disabled people and carers. In addition, your local authority may be able to direct you to other services in your area which may be able to assist you.


External funding

The following other charities may be able to provide help with funding towards your break.


GroceryAid are working in partnership with us to help thousands of grocery colleagues, all over the UK who have worked, or are working in the grocery industry, and who need some extra support to get by. 

Complete the GroceryAid Grant enquiry form

The Edward Gostling Foundation 

The Edward Gostling Foundation provides grants to individuals in the UK with the aim of enhancing the quality of life for people in need, particularly those who have a physical or learning disability or the aged.

Complete the application form online 

CS Disabled Holidays

The CS Disabled Holidays, formerly the Cavendish Spencer Trust, is a charity dedicated to providing funding towards holidays and respite breaks for adults with severe physical disabilities due to neurological or neuromuscular disorders. For more information or to download an application form, visit their website.

The Florence Nightingale Aid in Sickness Trust

The Florence Nightingale Aid in Sickness Trust provides grants to help people in need who are ill, convalescent or disabled.

The Victoria Convalescent Trust (VCT)

The VCT makes grants to those living in England and Wales to pay for short breaks for the purpose of convalescence, recuperative and respite care for those in need who do not have the financial resources and who have been unable to obtain assistance from the statutory services. Applications for grants need to be made by a qualified health or social care professional, they cannot be accepted direct from potential beneficiaries, their friends or families, they need to be made by a third party— e.g. GP, Social Worker, nurse, CPN or other professionally qualified health or social care worker who knows the potential beneficiary in a professional capacity.

Please refer to the website for further information.


Turn2us is a national charity that helps people in financial hardship gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services.

There are many other charities and organisations that offer support with funding, including ABF The Soldier’s Charity, Bank Workers Charity, Lighthouse Club, RAF Benevolent Fund, Royal Naval Benevolent Trust 
and Seafarers UK.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.


Direct grants

On a limited basis we can provide funding towards the cost of your break from Revitalise’s Joan Brander Memorial Fund. We want to ensure this fund reaches a wide group of people, so grants are unlikely to cover the full cost of a break.

To apply for funding:

Complete the online application form –

The Joan Brander Memorial Fund Application for individuals

The Joan Brander Memorial Fund Application for groups

OR download the forms in PDF format –

The Joan Brander Memorial Fund Application for individuals (PDF)

The Joan Brander Memorial Fund Application for groups (PDF)

If you would like us to send you a hard copy please call 0303 303 0145 or send us an email.


MS Society and Revitalise match funding scheme

Revitalise and the MS Society are working in partnership to provide funding to help those affected by MS to access a Revitalise respite holiday. Over the years we’ve been able to help hundreds of people in this way, so if you’d like to be one of them, please do get in touch.

Download the application form (PDF)

Please note, to be eligible for this funding you need to have less than £6,000 in accessible savings.

If you would like us to send you a hard copy, please call 0303 303 0145 or send us an email.


Paying by instalments

If you are paying for your break yourself, you can spread the break cost over a period of months to help you budget.


Funding guides and resources

Carers UK has a useful Financial Help section on their website, as well as a range of guides to download.

Funding Caring is a resource for anyone requiring information on the cost of care, whether for themselves or for someone else. The site provides detailed advice and information on the financial help that’s available to assist with the costs of caring.

Tourism for All produce a guide to obtaining financial help, available from their website for a small charge.

Turn2Us helps people find and access appropriate sources of financial support available to them.