Two women sitting on a park bench on a sunny day. The older of the women has a wheelchair next to the bench.

Costs and funding options for your respite holiday

Affording a respite break as a disabled person or carer can sometimes be difficult, so this page will help you find the additional funds you might need to take a much-needed break. If you’d like to learn more, use the button below to request a call back from one of our friendly booking advisors.

Request a call back

Help with Funding a Respite Holiday

In order to ensure as many people as possible can enjoy our breaks we fundraise to subsidise all our prices.

We hope the below information is useful, but if you have any questions you can call us on 0303 303 0145 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm).

Man in wheelchair holding and kissing the hand of a woman who is also in a wheelchair

The RS Fund

The RS Fund (Revitalise Support Fund) was created for those who may require financial support towards an accessible respite break. Find out more here.

Revitalise Support fund logo

Learn more

Revitalise Joan Brander Memorial Fund logo

The Joan Brander Memorial Fund

You can apply to the Joan Brander Memorial Fund for a grant towards the cost of your accessible holiday. We want to ensure this fund reaches a wide group of people, so grants are unlikely to cover the full cost of a break.

To apply for funding:

Complete the relevant online application form below, or if you would like us to send you a printed copy, please call 0303 303 0145 or send us an email on

Local authority funding

We can advise you on funding from your local authority. Many local authorities fund respite support for disabled people and carers. To find out what your Local Authority offers visit to find your local authority contact details then call them or look at their website. 

Most local authority websites have a ‘Health and Social Care’ section where you can find out what services are provided for disabled people and carers. In addition, your local authority may be able to direct you to other services in your area which may be able to assist you.

Pay for your break in instalments

We know that time away is important and we don’t want anything to get in the way of you accessing vital respite holidays. In order to help pay for your break, we offer pay by instalments, where you can split up the full cost over several months.

Enquire today online using the link below, or contact our bookings team for more information. Get in touch on 0303 303 0145 or

Contact Us

External funding from charities and organisations

If you are not eligible for the Revitalise Support Fund or Joan Brander Memorial Fund, there are many other charities and organisations that may be able to offer support with funding instead. These include:

  • ABF The Soldier’s Charity
  • Bank Workers Charity, Lighthouse Club
  • RAF Benevolent Fund
  • Royal Naval Benevolent Trust
  • Seafarers UK
  • The Respite Association
Revitalise Sandpipers guest and volunteer enjoying an excursion to Chester zoo

CS Disabled Holidays

CS Disabled Holidays is a charity dedicated to providing funding towards holidays and respite breaks for adults with long term disabilities. For more information or to apply online, visit their website.

Learn more
Revitalise guest Shaun with his mother and carer Hilary holding hands

The Florence Nightingale Aid in Sickness Trust

The Florence Nightingale Aid in Sickness Trust provides grants to help people in need who are ill, convalescent or disabled.

Learn more
Care support for older man

MS Society and Revitalise match funding scheme

Revitalise and the MS Society are working in partnership to provide funding to help those affected by MS to access a Revitalise respite holiday.

Learn more
Elderly couple sitting on a bench outside Revitalise Netley Waterside House

The Victoria Convalescent Trust (VCT)

The VCT offers grants for short breaks for convalescence, recuperative and respite care for those without the financial resources and unable to get assistance from the statutory services.

Learn more

Funding guides and resources

Carers UK

Carers UK has a useful Financial Help section on their website, as well as a range of guides to download.

Funding Caring

Funding Caring is a resource for anyone requiring information on the cost of care, whether for themselves or for someone else. The site provides detailed advice and information on the financial help that’s available to assist with the costs of caring.

Tourism for All

Tourism for All produce a guide to obtaining financial help, available from their website for a small charge.


Turn2us is a national charity that helps people in financial hardship gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services.

Ready to book your respite holiday?

Book Now
Revitalise accessible vehicles

Accessible Travel Advice

If you have a disability, travelling sometimes isn’t as easy or accessible as it should be. Read our useful accessible travel advice and tips to help take the hassle out of getting to and enjoying your Revitalise respite holiday.

Learn more
Female guest raising glass of wine in toast while sitting outside at Jubilee Lodge

Frequently Asked Questions

Have more questions  about who we are and what we do? Have a look at our FAQ page where we’ve answered the questions we hear most often.

Learn more
Elderly couple sitting on bench outside Netley Waterside House

Care at our centres

No one else in the UK offers the same combination of a fully-accessible holiday experience with expert care support. Learn more about our expert care support.

Learn more